Non-urgent advice at your fingertips
June 2, 2020
Family physicians in the Calgary area can access non-urgent advice from more than 30 new specialty groups thanks to a rapid expansion of the services available via Specialist LINK and eReferral Advice Requests.
Three new groups have been made available through eReferral - via Alberta Netcare - in 2020, while 30 have been added to Specialist LINK. Four new pathways have also been posted at specialistlink.ca, while five have been updated. There are now 22 eReferral Advice Request services available, 50 Specialist LINK tele-advice lines and 29 pathways.
For a complete list of the non-urgent advice services available in Calgary and the surrounding areas, please click here or the image below.
Services added since January 1, 2020, are also listed below:
eReferral Advice Request:
- Geriatric Medicine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Otolaryngology (paeds)
- Cardiology: Cardiac Electrophysiology, General Cardiology
- COVID: COVID, COVID Pediatric ID, Maternal Family Medicine OB Pandemic Support
- Oncology: Medical Oncology, Breast, GI, GU Tumour, Lung, Hematology
- Medicine: General Internal Medicine, Hematology, Infectious Disease
- Pediatrics: Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Psychiatry: Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Geriatric Psychiatry
- Surgery: Cardiac Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Otolaryngology, Plastic Surgery
- Surgery (General): Colorectal Surgery, Endocrine Surgery, General Surgery, Hepatobiliary, Surgical Oncology, Upper GI Bariatrics
- Women's Health: Breasfeeding IBCLC, Maternal Fetal Medicine, Obstetrics Gynecology
The follow pathways have also been added to specialistlink.ca or updated:
- New! COVID care pathway; hospital discharge pathway; Geriatric Medicine access; Orthopaedics Access
- Updated! Dyspepsia, GERD, Helicobacter Pylori, Suspected Essential Tremor, Suspected Parkinson's Disease
Return to News