Pathway added: Assessing thyroid function in perinatal care
December 9, 2019
An enhanced primary care pathway for thyroid function assessment and monitoring in women of child-bearing age is now available to support family doctors in the Calgary area.
The pathway, developed thanks to a partnership between specialists and primary care physicians, can be viewed and downloaded from specialistlink.ca. It is one of 26 pathways available on the physician-only website, which also allows family physicians in the Calgary-area to request tele-advice and review other supports and resources.
A complete list of the available pathways available via Specialist LINK, by specialty, is listed below:
- CARDIOLOGY: Heart failure
- ENDOCRINOLOGY: Access pathway, assessing thyroid function in perinatal care, thyroid nodules
- GASTROENTEROLOGY: Chronic abdominal pain, chronic constipation, chronic diarrhea, dyspepsia, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), helicobacter pylori, irritable bowel syndrome
- GENERAL NEUROLOGY: Access pathway, diabetic peripheral neuropathy, enhanced vertigo, headache and migraine, suspected essential tremor, suspected Parkinson’s disease
- HEPATOLOGY: Enhanced non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)
- PALLIATIVE CARE: Access pathway
- RESPIROLOGY: Access pathway, COPD, sleep apnea
- RHEUMATOLOGY: Access pathway, gout, peripheral arthritis
- UROLOGY: Access pathway
About Specialist LINK
Specialist LINK was launched in 2014 as part of a collaboration between Calgary and area Primary Care Networks, specialists and Alberta Health Services. A non-urgent tele-advice line for family physicians is available Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (8 a.m. to 4 p.m. for chronic pain), excluding statutory holidays. Visit specialistlink.ca or call 403-910-2551 / 1-844-962-5465 to request tele-advice. Calls are returned within one hour. Clinical care pathways are also available. Please visit www.specialistlink.ca for more details.
Return to News