Patients seeking health advice should call Health Link 811. More details.
The following COVID-19 pathways are available on Specialist Link.
As an alternative to infectious disease tele-advice, providers in the Calgary Zone can submit an eReferral Advice Request for sexually transmitted infections (STI) issues only, and will receive a response back from a clinical development nurse within five calendar days.
To submit an eReferral Advice Request, go online. For a list of other specialties available and more information about eReferral, visit the website.
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding statutory holidays.
Please enter the Physician's Name and PracID, along with the Patient's PHN and Physician's Direct/Private Phone Number (without dashes or hyphens).
Generated: ... @ 00:00 am
❌ Service closed
This tele-advice service is closed. To see our holiday schedule, visit: Holiday tele-advice hours (specialistlink.ca)
For more information, please call 403.910.2551 Ext 0, or email [email protected]
(Please note: Calls and emails will be returned during office hours - 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. Specialist Link is closed on Dec. 26, 27 and Jan. 2)
• If physicians have questions about laboratory testing, they should be directed to the microbiologist
• Questions specifically regarding tuberculosis can be directed to TB services on call
• With respect to contact tracing in the community or post-exposure prophylaxis, these calls are best handled by public health
• Questions regarding pediatric patients should be directed to pediatric infectious diseases specifically at Alberta Children’s Hospital
• To request this service by phone, call 403-910-2551 and press 1, 6
If you have a question, comment or technical issue, please call 403.910.2551 Ext 0, or email [email protected].